Resources on Celiac Disease and the Gluten-Free Diet
New - Drug Information
We've added a section on gluten and drugs to our web links.
If you order using links to Amazon.com on this page, SACSG will receive a small percentage of the amount of your order at no cost to you. You can order anything from Amazon and contribute to our group, as long as you connect to Amazon.com via a link on this page. If you want to order something other than books, you may use this link to start at the Amazon home page.
To search the Tucson-Pima Public Library or Amazon.com, use the links below.
The public library offers brief summaries along with reviews and the table of contents (look for the "Reviews and More" button at the top of the page). You can reserve books to have then held for you at your local branch. You can't beat the price.
Amazon also offers summaries and reviews of books (frequently extensive user contributed reviews). Books normally sell at a significant discount off the list price.
- Search the Tucson Pima Public Library for books on celiac disease
- Search the Tucson Pima Public Library for material on the gluten-free diet
- Search Amazon.com for books on celiac disease
- Search Amazon.com for books and products "gluten free" (Amazon now includes groceries)
This is a very brief list of some of the best books on celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. For more comprehensive lists use the "search" links above.
For links to the Tucson Pima Public Library click the  link.
To buy from Amazon click .
Gluten-Free Diet : A Comprehensive Resource Guide
Cooking Gluten-Free for Dummies by Danna Korn and Connie Sarros
Wheat-Free, Worry-Free : The Art of Happy, Healthy Gluten-Free Living by Danna Korn
What? No Wheat? A Lighthearted Primer to Living the Gluten-Free Wheat-Free Life by LynnRae Ries
Smith, Melissa Diane
Gluten Free Throughout the Year : A Two-Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating / Melissa Diane Smith
Gluten Free Living Magazine
Learn what the GF diet is all about, decode mystery ingredients, understand celiac disease. Our well-researched articles have set the standard for accuracy in dietary information and guidance. Recommended by doctors and dieticians alike. $34/yr (4 issues) Subscribe 800-324-8781, PO Box 375, Maple Shade, NJ 08052, or www.glutenfreeliving.com.
Living Without Magazine
A lifestyle guide for people with Allergies and Food Sensitivities. Excellent articles (always at least one about CD), life stories, and wonderful recipes and tips that you will want to try. Beautiful color photographs, a top-notch magazine. $23/yr (6 issues) Subscribe 800-424-7887, PO Box 420235, Palm Coast FL 32142-0235, or www.livingwithout.com.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Celiac Disease Center (Harvard Medical School)
- Celiac Disease Awareness Campaign from the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NIH) - Note: Their "Order Publication" links lead to an option to view them online for free
- Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University - at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons features Dr. Peter Green
- Celiac Disease Program, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation Celiac Disease website
- Dr. Fine's Intestinal Health Institute
- Enterolab - Dr. Fine's lab offering CD tests without a doctor's prescription
- Gluten Free MD, Dr. Michelle Maria Pietzak offers celiac disease resources and sells educational DVD's and CD's
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy (Celiac Disease): More Common Than You Think from the American Family Physician
- Mayo Clinic article on celiac disease
- Medline Plus (National Institute of Health) Celiac Disease site - Loads of links and information! [en Español]
- An Overview of Celiac Disease: a interactive celiac disease training course by Moberg Research and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NIH)
- Prometheus Labs offers antibody and gene testing but require a health professional's address for the results
- Wm. K. Warren Medical Research Center for Celiac Disease (UCSD) - Information for patients and doctors, including nutrition advice
- University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research – FAQ, News and Celiac research
- Clan Thompson's Celiac Site - Over the Counter Meds and Prescription Drugs. You can also purchase gluten-free drug lists as either books downloadable software.
- Gluten Free Drugs - a comprehensive list of GF drugs maintained by a pharmacist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- How to Protect Yourself from Hidden Gluten in Medications from Nancy Lapid, About.com The Impact of Celiac Sprue on Patients’ Medication Choices, an editorial in Hospital Pharmacy. And Pharmacy Care and Celiac Disease, a letter to the editor in response.
- Medications and Celiac Disease - GIG Education Bulletin
- Partial List of Gluten-Free Medications, Nutritional Products and Vitamins - by the Wheaton Gluten Free Support Group (PDF)
- Perrigo Company Identifies Gluten-free Over-the-Counter Products - starting in January 2010.
- What is Celiac Disease - from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (PDF)
- Official web site of the Celiac Sprue
- Recursos en español from the Celiac Sprue Association
- The Celiac Disease Foundation is a helpful site
- The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network - Also covers other allergies/intolerances, some of which are frequently associated with celiac disease & gluten intolerance
- GIG or Gluten Intolerance Group maintains an extensive web site
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness - Dedicated to raising awareness and funding for celiac disease
- Celiac.com is a very comprehensive and useful site
- The Celiac Site has gluten free yellow pages and information
- Celiactravel.com - tips on GF travel and restaurant cards in 38 languages
- Children's Special Dietary Group, Tucson, Arizona
- Clan Thompson provides information and software-based GF food lists
- Dangerous Grains is an excellent, readable book concerning the many facets of gluten intolerance
- Food Allergy Translation - food allergy translation cards in multiple languages. Pay a single fee and print out unlimited copies
- GFlinks.com - Celiac disease/gluten intolerance web sites
- Gluten Free Creations Bakery/Bistro/Cooking Club (Phoenix)
- Gluten-Free Dietitian - A web site to help you or someone you love successfully follow a nutritious gluten-free diet (check the Newsletter section for information on celiac disease topics)
- Gluten-Free Registry - Dining, bakeries, grocers & caterers nationwide
- Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program
- Gluten Free Travel Site - Reviews of hotels, resorts and restaurants help you plan a worry-free vacation
- Glutenfreeda is an online cooking magazine
- Living Without magazine deals with all kinds of food allergies
- Melissa Diane Smith, Tucson based author and nutritionalist
- Restaurant cards from Triumph Dining (have foreign text as well as English) written by native speakers for each cuisine
- What, No Wheat! - books and cooking classes from LynnRae Ries
- What on Earth is a Celiac? - The celiac mystery...
- Wheat-free.org - recipes, news, product reviews, directory, books and general wheat free food help
- Your Gluten Free Kitchen - Recipes as well as articles, book reviews, kitchen tips and information on glutenfree living
Forums, Listservs, Discussion Groups
These all consist of discussion and information contributed from members. Some of them have extensive product lists and restaurant information. However, always remember that information may be dated and that usually anyone can post messages (although in most cases members will "police" each other). Usually you can view messages as a guest, but must join to post.
- Archives of the CELIAC@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG Listserv - very extensive (formerly at St. John's University)
- Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group (Delphi Forum) - Watch for the "Skip this advertisement" link as you enter
- Celiac Forums: A resource for those with celiac sprue, gluten & wheat intolerance
- Gluten-Free Celiac Disease Forum at Celiac.com
- MDJunction.com - Celiac Disease Support Group
- SAZCSG : So AZ Celiac Support Group (Yahoo) - Your SACS Group
- SillyYaks (Celiacs) Online Support Group (Yahoo) - Requires free Yahoo membership. Look under "files" for extensive gluten-free lists.
Celiac Support Groups
- Arizona, Phoenix - Celiac Support of Greater Phoenix (CDF)
- Arizona, East Phoenix area - East Valley Celiac Disease Foundation Support Group
- California, San Diego - Gluten Free in SD
- California, Ventura County - Ventura County Celiacs
- Canada, Calgary - Canadian Celaic Association
- Colorado, Colorado Springs - Pikes Peak Chapter of CSA
- Colorado, Denver - Denver Chapter Celiac Support Group
- Connecticut Celiac Support
- Massachusetts - Healthy Villi (Greater Boston Celiac/DH Support Group)
- Michigan, Southeastern - Tri-County Celiac Support
- Missouri - Greater Kansas City, CSA Chapter 4
- North Dakota, Fargo - Red River Celiacs (GIG)
- Ohio, Cincinnati - Cincinnati Celiac Support Group
- Ohio, Columbus - Gluten-Free Gang of Central Ohio (a branch of GIG)
- Oklahoma, Oklahoma City - OKceliac.com
- Texas, Austin, San Antonio and Corpus Christi - Alamo Celiac (GIG)
- Texas, Dallas (Lone Star)
- Texas, Dallas, Ft. Worth - Lone Star Celaic Support (GIG)
- Utah - Gluten Intolerance Groups of Utah (GIG)
- Washington DC - Washington Area Celaic Sprue Support
You can also check the CSA directory of local chapters and resource units for additional local support contacts.
For gluten-free reciepes online, see our recipe page.
Last modified on Thursday, 26-Sep-2013 13:00:34 MST