Resources on Celiac Disease and the Gluten-Free Diet
If you order using links to Amazon.com on this page, SACSG will receive a small percentage of the amount of your order at no cost to you. You can order anything from Amazon and contribute to our group, as long as you connect to Amazon.com via a link on this page. If you want to order something other than books, you may use this link to start at the Amazon home page.
To search the Tucson-Pima Public Library or Amazon.com, use the links below.
The public library offers brief summaries along with reviews and the table of contents (look for the "Reviews and More" button at the top of the page). You can reserve books to have then held for you at your local branch. You can't beat the price.
Amazon also offers summaries and reviews of books (frequently extensive user contributed reviews). Books normally sell at a significant discount off the list price.
- Search the Tucson Pima Public Library for books on celiac disease
- Search the Tucson Pima Public Library for material on the gluten-free diet
- Search Amazon.com for books on celiac disease
- Search Amazon.com for books and products "gluten free" (Amazon now includes groceries)
This is a very brief list of some of the best books on celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. For more comprehensive lists use the "search" links above.
For links to the Tucson Pima Public Library click the  link.
To buy from Amazon click .
Dangerous grains : why gluten cereal grains may be hazardous to your health / James Braly and Ron Hoggan
Gluten-Free Diet : A Comprehensive Resource Guide
Fasano, Alessio and Susie Flaherty
Gluten Freedom : The Nation's Leading Expert Offers the Essential Guide to a Healthy, Gluten-Free Lifestyle
Green, Peter H. R.
Celiac Disease : A Hidden Epidemic by Peter H.R. Green, Rory Jones
Cooking Gluten-Free for Dummies by Danna Korn and Connie Sarros
Wheat-Free, Worry-Free : The Art of Happy, Healthy Gluten-Free Living by Danna Korn
What? No Wheat? A Lighthearted Primer to Living the Gluten-Free Wheat-Free Life by LynnRae Ries
Smith, Melissa Diane
Gluten Free Throughout the Year : A Two-Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating / Melissa Diane Smith
Gluten Free Living Magazine
Learn what the GF diet is all about, decode mystery ingredients, understand celiac disease. Our well-researched articles have set the standard for accuracy in dietary information and guidance. Recommended by doctors and dieticians alike. $34/yr (4 issues) Subscribe 800-324-8781, PO Box 375, Maple Shade, NJ 08052, or www.glutenfreeliving.com.
Gluten Free & More magazine
A lifestyle guide for people with Allergies and Food Sensitivities. Excellent articles (always at least one about CD), life stories, and wonderful recipes and tips that you will want to try. Beautiful color photographs, a top-notch magazine. $23/yr (6 issues) Subscribe 800-424-7887, PO Box 420235, Palm Coast FL 32142-0235, or www.livingwithout.com.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Celiac Disease Center (Harvard Medical School)
- Celiac Disease Awareness Campaign from the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NIH) - Note: Their "Order Publication" links lead to an option to view them online for free
- Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University - at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons features Dr. Peter Green
- Celiac Disease Program, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation Celiac Disease website
- Dr. Fine's Intestinal Health Institute
- Enterolab - Dr. Fine's lab offering CD tests without a doctor's prescription
- Gluten Free MD, Dr. Michelle Maria Pietzak offers celiac disease resources and sells educational DVD's and CD's
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy (Celiac Disease): More Common Than You Think from the American Family Physician
- Mayo Clinic article on celiac disease
- Medline Plus (National Institute of Health) Celiac Disease site - Loads of links and information! [en Español]
- An Overview of Celiac Disease: a interactive celiac disease training course by Moberg Research and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NIH)
- Prometheus Labs offers antibody and gene testing but require a health professional's address for the results
- Wm. K. Warren Medical Research Center for Celiac Disease (UCSD) - Information for patients and doctors, including nutrition advice
- University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research – FAQ, News and Celiac research
- Dailymed from the National Library of Medicine - Look up any medication to find inactive ingredients specific to a manufacturer or packager
- Gluten Free Drugs - a comprehensive list of GF drugs maintained by a pharmacist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- How to Protect Yourself from Hidden Gluten in Medications from Nancy Lapid, About.com
- Medications and Celiac Disease - GIG Education Bulletin
- Partial List of Gluten-Free Medications, Nutritional Products and Vitamins - by the Wheaton Gluten Free Support Group (PDF)
- Pillbox from the National Library of Medicine - Note that excluding "gluten" as an inactive ingredient doesn't work, but they do provide inactive ingredients for each drug by specific manufacturer or packager and by dose
- What is Celiac Disease - from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (PDF)
- Official web site of the Celiac Support Association
- The Celiac
Disease Foundation is a helpful site
- CDF's Youtube channel has many videos on the diagnosis and threatment of celiac disease
- The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network - Also covers other allergies/intolerances, some of which are frequently associated with celiac disease & gluten intolerance
- GIG or Gluten Intolerance Group maintains an extensive web site
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness - Dedicated to raising awareness and funding for celiac disease
- Celiac.com is a very comprehensive and useful site
- The Celiac Site has gluten free yellow pages and information
- Celiactravel.com - tips on GF travel and restaurant cards in 38 languages
- Dangerous Grains is an excellent, readable book concerning the many facets of gluten intolerance
- Food Allergy Translation - food allergy translation cards in multiple languages. Pay a single fee and print out unlimited copies
- GFlinks.com - Celiac disease/gluten intolerance web sites
- Gluten Free Creations Bakery/Bistro/Cooking Club (Phoenix)
- Gluten-Free Dietitian - A web site to help you or someone you love successfully follow a nutritious gluten-free diet (check the Newsletter section for information on celiac disease topics)
- Gluten-Free Registry - Dining, bakeries, grocers & caterers nationwide
- Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program
- Gluten Free Travel Site - Reviews of hotels, resorts and restaurants help you plan a worry-free vacation
- Glutenfreeda is an online cooking magazine
- Living Without's Gluten Free & More magazine deals with all kinds of food allergies
- Melissa Diane Smith, Tucson based author and nutritionalist
- Restaurant cards from Triumph Dining (have foreign text as well as English) written by native speakers for each cuisine
- What, No Wheat! - books and cooking classes from LynnRae Ries
- What on Earth is a Celiac? - The celiac mystery...
- Wheat-free.org - recipes, news, product reviews, directory, books and general wheat free food help
- Your Gluten Free Kitchen - Recipes as well as articles, book reviews, kitchen tips and information on glutenfree living
Forums, Listservs, Discussion Groups
These all consist of discussion and information contributed from members. Some of them have extensive product lists and restaurant information. However, always remember that information may be dated and that usually anyone can post messages (although in most cases members will "police" each other). Usually you can view messages as a guest, but must join to post.
- Archives of the CELIAC@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG Listserv - very extensive (formerly at St. John's University)
- Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group (Delphi Forum) - Watch for the "Skip this advertisement" link as you enter
- Gluten-Free Celiac Disease Forum at Celiac.com
- MDJunction.com - Celiac Disease Support Group
- SillyYaks (Celiacs) Online Support Group (Yahoo) - Requires free Yahoo membership. Look under "files" for extensive gluten-free lists.
Celiac Support Groups
- Arizona, Flagstaff Celiac Support Group
- Arizona, Phoenix - CDF: Greater Phoenix Chapter
- Arizona, Prescott Area Celiac and Gluten Free Support
- California, San Diego - Gluten Free in SD
- California, Ventura County - Ventura County Celiacs
- Canada, Calgary - Canadian Celaic Association
- Colorado, Denver - Denver Chapter Celiac Support Group
- Connecticut - Greater New Haven Celiac Support Group
- Massachusetts - Healthy Villi (Greater Boston Celiac/DH Support Group)
- Missouri - Greater Kansas City, CSA Chapter 4
- Ohio, Cincinnati - Cincinnati Celiac Support Group
- Ohio, Columbus - Gluten-Free Gang of Central Ohio (a branch of GIG)
- Oklahoma, Oklahoma City - OKceliac.com
- Texas, Austin, San Antonio and Corpus Christi - Alamo Celiac (GIG)
- Texas, Dallas (Lone Star)
- Texas, Dallas, Ft. Worth - Lone Star Celaic Support (GIG)
- Utah - Gluten Intolerance Groups of Utah (GIG)
You can also check the CSA directory of local chapters and resource units for additional local support contacts.
For gluten-free reciepes online, see our recipe page.
Last modified on Saturday, 03-Jan-2015 21:12:26 MST